We’re hiring a Product Designer, tasked to make Sweep an outstanding experience for our users, and a real driver of change for our planet.
Ideally you’re based in London, but if we fall in love with you, Europe and beyond might work just fine as well.
Sweep builds software that lets businesses take control of their climate journey - from managing and reducing emissions across teams and entire value chains, to championing cutting edge climate projects.
I’m intrigued. What would I be doing?
You will have a key role in developing the Sweep user experience. Together with the team, you will turn complex sustainability standards, data sets and interactions into interfaces that are easy to understand and a joy to navigate.
This will require you to develop a deep understanding of corporate sustainability practices and combine research, design thinking and user testing to create smart interactions.
You will be seeing projects through from start to finish, working in close collaboration with our product, engineering and carbon staff.
Nice. Can you be a bit more specific please?
In your day to day, you will...
1. Design software for a better future 🎨
- Help steer our product design from crucial big architectural strokes down to the smallest interaction that makes all the difference.
- Kick off the design process through exploration, ideation and user validation.
- Design interaction models, wireframes and prototypes that focus on ease of use and optimise how customers interact with our software.
- Present design solutions, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
2. Build the Sweep design system ⚙️
- Ensure a consistent brand and UI experience across the whole customer journey.
- Maintain a unified, scalable and progressive design system through libraries and documentation.
- Make sure that we build accessibility into our product right from the start.
3. Further our user research practice 🔬
- Organise and host design critiques and user research labs.
- Gather and document insights that will influence our UX, feature development and roadmaps.
- Help establish best practices for user research at Sweep.
4. Be an advocate for good design 🎙
- Actively develop a positive, productive and passionate design culture within Sweep.
- Represent our mission externally, through active exchange with the design industry, helping build our network and thought leadership.
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Good you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- You bring a minimum of 4 years of experience in software product design
- Experience in software-as-a-service environments, ideally in the B2B space
- Proven expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture
- Experience working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Adept at communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution
- A deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns
- A strategic thinker, who sees both the big picture and the smaller underlying mechanics
- A hands-on problem solver, self-motivated with a glass half-full attitude
- An entrepreneurial mind, ready to launch and fail and iterate
- You’re an empathetic team player that is great at building lasting relationships
- Attuned to remote collaboration, using digital tools and meticulously documenting work
- An expert English language communicator that has a knack for breaking down complex topics
- Also, French is an added bonus
Ok, sounds fun. What’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that has the humble ambition to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re planning to hit the ground running and have an impact fast. Joining this journey right at the beginning allows you to really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic (mostly remote) team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across France, the UK and Europe. We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard, and enjoy ourselves while doing so. And we believe in creating a calm environment, that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we have a B Corporation status.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And maybe yours, too.
To apply, please submit both a CV and a portfolio. Make sure to showcase your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills. Please also provide details of your role on the projects.