Sweep is hiring Full Stack Engineers to work on our enterprise climate programme software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
As part of the engineering team, you will work on building our SaaS tool that allows companies to measure and track their greenhouse gas emissions, set reduction goals and report on progress towards a cleaner future. You will also work on the Sweep marketplace that allows companies to make contributions to cutting edge climate solutions.
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Develop and own features of the core product 🌱
- Participate in every stage of the development life-cycle from design to implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run smoothly in production
- Implement end-to-end features from data models to back-end development and UI development.
- Identify technical problems and develop software updates and fixes
2. Be a team citizen 👫
- Participate actively in the team meetings (standup, planning, etc)
- Review and comment pull requests and code changes
- Collaborate in the technical design of significant features
3. Maintain and operate the Sweep infrastructure ⚙️
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
4. Pursue quality 🔍
- Make incremental, well-tested changes
- Improve and extend the QA processes
That's just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Good you asked. Some more details on who we’re looking for.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a software developer in either frontend or backend development
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You value qualitative software and clean code
- You bring all-round communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- You are a team player and aim for velocity
- You care about our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Great, and what's in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that has the humble ambition to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to really help shape our path.
We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard, and enjoy ourselves while doing so. And we believe in creating a calm environment, that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we have a ‘B Corporation Pending’ status.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.
Now, what are you waiting for? 😀